Wednesday, June 4, 2008

ZEENA! (NO Not the Warrior Princess! I DO know how to spell a little bits!)

People let me tell you bout my beeeesst frienddddd! (courtship of Eddies Father theme song, circa 1970 somethin or other!)


OK so i was thinkin...... yes, thats a dangerous hobby, i do it anyways cause i am BRAVE!!

Anyhows, i was thinkin back on when my sister and I were kids ( In case he is reading this, YES, we had a baby brother too but he wasn't born til i was 10 and these thoughts are pre-brother times)

some where between the ages of six and nine or so, we had an imaginary friend named Zeena. now i have been on the sites and i now know that we were not crazy or possessed (thank you Docs!) Kids have imaginary friends. some have more than one.

Hey! who else are you gonna blame crap on? Well sure she could blame stuff on me and I could deny it but inevitably i would have to man up and take it.

Yea I could blame stuff on her, NOT! I would get my ass kicked! Why? cause i was the youngest and smallest. not that my sister was that much bigger than me but girlfriend had muscles in her legs that could shoot me across the room when we were wrestling on the bed! (oh come on! you know that game you played as kids to see who could push the other off the bed first? No? never played it? BOY did you guys miss out!!)

BTW I think she got those muscles from chasing me around and chasin after kids that I had antagonized with my rapier wit to the point where they wanted to do me bodily harm! So yer welcome for the muscles La! truly it was MY pleasure :P

I digress yet again, sorry. (btw digress is my polite word for "oh shit I'm a ramblin again!")

So Zeena, this chick did everything with us pretty much, camp outs in our room with the sheets stapled or taped up to make tents (Mom wasn't to happy bout the staples, lemme tell ya! HAHAHA)

She started fights between us, how i have NO idea! I mean she was IMAGINARY for cryin out loud!

When i went on our class trip to the Zoo i made her stand beside the White Lions cage so i could take her picture and never forget her face. hmmmm, the pic got messed up! I see the lions but that damned Zenna must have dashed away just before i snapped it! Blast the girl!! Come to think of it i BEAT my sis told her to do it cause i got to spend the whole day with Zeena and she DIDN'T! Bad La, Bad!

Now my biggest curiosity in this WHOLE imaginary friend thing is how my sis and i came up with the same friend. i mean you don't sit down and discuss makin up a friend cause, well, then its NOT and imaginary friend and shes not real shes just...... well.... made up! not the same at all

Whoever you naysayers are that are gonna try and contradict me, DON'T BOTHER! Many have tried, NONE have won! i reign supreme here in my blogdom. so BACK OFF!

its like one day we were just sittin there and one of us prob said sumpin like "hey save some of those cookies for Zeena!" and the other said "ok ok!" or more likely "screw her let her find her own damn cookies, these are MINE!" (I did say I had a rapier wit as a child did i not?)

This also reminds me of that movie Drop Dead Fred with Phoebe Cates as a grownup whose imaginary friend comes back to life. her mom took her to a psych type doc to get rid of him! Thank the Goddess that didn't happen with us! I would hate to think of poor Zenna shriveling up into nothingness. *tear...sob... sniffle*

and on that thought, I also cant remember if we ever mentioned her to our mom or if she was our lil secret. ask my sis maybe her memory is better than mines........better yet, DONT ask her! she will prob tell horror stories of some imaginary thing that she claims I did when it was prob her and Zenna! I dont get no respect i tell ya!

So that there is Zeenas story. I thought it would be nice if she lived on in blogdom since she is long gone from what you peeps call the real world.

You are missed chicka!

BTW, I found out that there is a place called Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends! its on the cartoon network website and it is for those imaginary friends of ours when we abandon them and they have no place to go. So, i would like to think that Zeena is there somewhere (even tho cartoon network wasn't even a thought when i was a kid!) runnin around with the others gettin them in trouble and occasionally have a good thought of the times we 3 had together.................

Thats what I would LIKE to think, but if I know Zeena... and i do...she is playin and crap sure, but when her thoughts turn to us she is prob thinkin " bratty lil kids leavin me to wander the netherworld for ages til this place came along!" AH ZEENA!! Ya gotta love her (i got a lotta my wit from her btw!)

Later gaters!

4 comments:

Spiral_Thoughts said...

Hmm Hiya, I'm a pal of La's and she turned me on to your blog.. said some really mean things about you too ;) You know the things? No not really, she thought I might find you interesting.. and she was right. (she thinks you're funny.. she didn't say if it was a smell issue or a looks thing but.. I thought I'd let you in on that.) Anyway.. yeah.. Nice to meet you! Zeena's at my house havin cookies.. want some? I baked em today...

Serendi said...

OK what unholy things did she say about me? i KNOW SHE DID!! she is EVIL i tell ya EVIL!! DONT believe her! I am the mostest sweetest person you would eva wanna meet! ask ANYONE!! ....ok not anyone ask the folks that i have smacked into submission! they will tell you! and i rest my case your honor! THANK YOU!

Serendi said...

OH YES!! COOKIES!!! MMMMMMMMMM

Spiral_Thoughts said...

Heeeeeeey! We musta gone to the same finishin school.. you know the one where the motto is.. if you can't join em.. beat em!

Better hurry if you want some of these cookies cuz they are cooling off.. and you know.. can't have cold cookies sitting around.